an - Anagram generator
an [-w] [-c string] [-d dictionary] [-l number_words] [-m word_length] [-u string] [-n number_anagrams] [-h] [-v] [--words] [--contain string] [--dict dictionary] [--length number_words] [--minimum word_length] [--used string] [--number number_anagrams] [--help] [--version] PHRASE
an finds all anagrams which can be made from the letters in PHRASE, using words in the specified dictionary. The default is to use /usr/share/dict/words.
- -w, --words
- Print words that the letters in PHRASE can make, then exit.
- -c, --contain string
- Only print anagrams which contain string.
- -d, --dict dictionary
- Use dictionary file to find words which the letters in PHRASE can make.
- -m, --minimum word_length
- Only include word which are at least word_length long.
- -u, --used string
- Considers that letters in string have already used when analyzing letters in PHRASE. Like --contain but doesn't print out string.
- -l, --length number_words
- Finds anagrams which have a maximum of number_words words in them. This is very useful when number of anagrams which are output is large.
- -n, --number number_anagrams
- Stops after finding number_anagrams anagrams.
- -h, --help
- Print a usage message on standard output, then exit.
- -v, --version
- Print version information on standard output, then exit.
an -c imp 'Paul Martin'
Finds anagrams for Paul Martin which contain the word imp.
Paul Martin <email@example.com>
Richard Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Coding and algorithm design of original version.
Julian Assange (email@example.com)
- Algorithm design of original version.
Please note that the email addresses for Richard and Julian are from over ten years ago and probably no longer work.
Copyright (c) Paul Martin 2012. All rights reserved.