|affconvert(1)||convert files between RAW and AFF formats||affconvert(1)|
NAME¶affconvert - convert files between RAW and AFF formats
affconvert [options] file1 [... files]
DESCRIPTION¶Convert files from RAW to AFF, AFF to RAW and AFF to AFF (recompressing/uncompressing). WARNING: the source file must have 'raw' or 'aff' as extension in name.
This file is part of the AFFLIBv3, that provides AFF.
AFF is an open and extensible file format to store disk images and associated metadata. It is useful in several scenaries, as computer forensics investigations.
- Quiet mode. Don't ask questions, don't print status.
- Just print the version number and exit.
AFF output options:
- Use 'ext' for aff files (default is aff; afd for AFD files).
- Use the LZMA compression algorithm (better but slower).
- Set maximum size of output file. Suffix with k, m or g. Use with -o.
- Use 'dir' as the output directory. Example: -Otest. Note that you need create the directory.
- Output to 'dir'.afd (can only convert one at a time). Consider AFF if file ends using .aff. Otherwise assumes raw. The directory must have .afd as extension in name.
- Set the image_pagesize as 'n' (default 16777216).
- Don't compress the AFF file.
- Set compression to 'n'; default is 7.
Raw output options:
- Use 'ext' for the raw files (default is raw). Implies in -r.
- Generate raw output.
Dangerous input options:
- Always answer yes/no questions 'yes.'
- Do not automatically probe for gzip/bzip2 compression.
- ZAP (delete) the output file if it already exists.
EXAMPLES¶Convert file1.raw to file1.aff:
$ affconvert file1.rawConvert file1.aff to file1.raw:
$ affconvert -r file1.affBatch convert files:
$ affconvert file1.raw file2.raw file3.raw
$ affconvert -r file1.aff file2.aff file3.affSplit an AFF file into 4GB chunks for archiving to DVD:
$ affconvert -M4g -odvd.afd bigfile.aff
SEE ALSO¶affcat(1), affcompare(1), affcopy(1), affcrypto(1), affdiskprint(1), affinfo(1), affix(1), affrecover(1), affsegment(1), affsign(1), affstats(1), affuse(1), affverify(1), affxml(1)
AUTHOR¶The AFFLIB was written by Simson L. Garfinkel <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Basis Technology, Inc.
This manual page was written by Joao Eriberto Mota Filho <email@example.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others).
|Oct 2014||AFFCONVERT 3.7.4|