|Tk_GetPixelsFromObj(3tk)||Tk Library Procedures||Tk_GetPixelsFromObj(3tk)|
NAME¶Tk_GetPixelsFromObj, Tk_GetPixels, Tk_GetMMFromObj, Tk_GetScreenMM - translate between strings and screen units
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetPixelsFromObj(interp, tkwin, objPtr, intPtr) int Tk_GetPixels(interp, tkwin, string, intPtr) int Tk_GetMMFromObj(interp, tkwin, objPtr, doublePtr) int Tk_GetScreenMM(interp, tkwin, string, doublePtr)
- Tcl_Interp *interp (in)
- Interpreter to use for error reporting.
- Tk_Window tkwin (in)
- Window whose screen geometry determines the conversion between absolute units and pixels.
- Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in/out)
- String value specifies a distance on the screen; internal rep will be modified to cache converted distance.
- const char *string (in)
- Same as objPtr except specification of distance is passed as a string.
- int *intPtr (out)
- Pointer to location in which to store converted distance in pixels.
- double *doublePtr (out)
- Pointer to location in which to store converted distance in millimeters.
DESCRIPTION¶These procedures take as argument a specification of distance on the screen (objPtr or string) and compute the corresponding distance either in integer pixels or floating-point millimeters. In either case, objPtr or string specifies a screen distance as a floating-point number followed by one of the following characters that indicates units:
- The number specifies a distance in pixels.
- The number specifies a distance in centimeters on the screen.
- The number specifies a distance in inches on the screen.
- The number specifies a distance in millimeters on the screen.
- The number specifies a distance in printer's points (1/72 inch) on the screen.
Tk_GetPixelsFromObj converts the value of objPtr to the nearest even number of pixels and stores that value at *intPtr. It returns TCL_OK under normal circumstances. If an error occurs (e.g. objPtr contains a number followed by a character that is not one of the ones above) then TCL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left in interp's result if interp is not NULL. Tk_GetPixelsFromObj caches information about the return value in objPtr, which speeds up future calls to Tk_GetPixelsFromObj with the same objPtr.
Tk_GetPixels is identical to Tk_GetPixelsFromObj except that the screen distance is specified with a string instead of an object. This prevents Tk_GetPixels from caching the return value, so Tk_GetPixels is less efficient than Tk_GetPixelsFromObj.
Tk_GetMMFromObj and Tk_GetScreenMM are similar to Tk_GetPixelsFromObj and Tk_GetPixels (respectively) except that they convert the screen distance to millimeters and store a double-precision floating-point result at *doublePtr.
KEYWORDS¶centimeters, convert, inches, millimeters, pixels, points, screen units