- stretch 8.5.19-1
|Tk_GetScrollInfo(3tk)||Tk Library Procedures||Tk_GetScrollInfo(3tk)|
NAME¶Tk_GetScrollInfo, Tk_GetScrollInfoObj - parse arguments for scrolling commands
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetScrollInfo(interp, argc, argv, dblPtr, intPtr) int Tk_GetScrollInfoObj(interp, objc, objv, dblPtr, intPtr)
- Tcl_Interp *interp (in)
- Interpreter to use for error reporting.
- int argc (in)
- Number of strings in argv array.
- const char *argv (in)
- Argument strings. These represent the entire widget command, of which the first word is typically the widget name and the second word is typically xview or yview.
- int objc (in)
- Number of Tcl_Obj's in objv array.
- Tcl_Obj *const objv (in)
- Argument objects. These represent the entire widget command, of which the first word is typically the widget name and the second word is typically xview or yview.
- double *dblPtr (out)
- Filled in with fraction from moveto option, if any.
- int *intPtr (out)
- Filled in with line or page count from scroll option, if any. The
value may be negative.
DESCRIPTION¶Tk_GetScrollInfo parses the arguments expected by widget scrolling commands such as xview and yview. It receives the entire list of words that make up a widget command and parses the words starting with argv. The words starting with argv must have one of the following forms:
moveto fraction scroll number units scroll number pages
Any of the moveto, scroll, units, and pages keywords may be abbreviated. If argv has the moveto form, TK_SCROLL_MOVETO is returned as result and *dblPtr is filled in with the fraction argument to the command, which must be a proper real value. If argv has the scroll form, TK_SCROLL_UNITS or TK_SCROLL_PAGES is returned and *intPtr is filled in with the number value, which must be a proper integer. If an error occurs in parsing the arguments, TK_SCROLL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left in interp->result.
Tk_GetScrollInfoObj is identical in function to Tk_GetScrollInfo. However, Tk_GetScrollInfoObj accepts Tcl_Obj style arguments, making it more appropriate for use with new development.
KEYWORDS¶parse, scrollbar, scrolling command, xview, yview