NAME¶processman - Tool for automating the period callback of commands
SYNOPSIS¶package require Tcl 8.5
package require twapi 3.1
package require cron 1.1
package require processman ?0.1?
::processman::onexit id cmd
::processman::priority id level
::processman::spawn id cmd args
DESCRIPTION¶The processman package provides a Pure-tcl set of utilities to manage child processes in a platform-generic nature.
- ::processman::find_exe name
- Locate an executable by the name of name in the system path. On windows, also add the .exe extention if not given.
- ::processman::kill id
- Kill a child process id.
- Kill all processes spawned by this program
- ::processman::killexe name
- Kill a process identified by the executable. On Unix, this triggers a killall. On windows, twapi::get_process_ids is used to map a name one or more IDs, which are then killed.
- ::processman::onexit id cmd
- Arrange to execute the script cmd when this programe detects that process id as terminated.
- ::processman::priority id level
- Mark process id with the priorty level. Valid levels: low,
On Unix, the process is tagged using the nice command.
On Windows, the process is modifed via the twapi::set_priority_class
- Return a list of processes that have been triggered by this program, as well as a boolean flag to indicate if the process is still running.
- ::processman::process_list id
- Return true if process id is still running, false otherwise.
- ::processman::spawn id cmd args
- Start a child process, identified by id. cmd is the name of the command to execute. args are arguments to pass to that command.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK¶This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category odie of the Tcllib Trackers [http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/reportlist]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
Copyright (c) 2015 Sean Woods <email@example.com>