openssl-speed, speed - test library performance
openssl speed [-help] [-engine id] [-elapsed]
[-evp algo] [-decrypt] [algorithm...]
This command is used to test the performance of cryptographic algorithms. To see
the list of supported algorithms, use the list --digest-commands or
list --cipher-commands command.
- Print out a usage message.
- -engine id
- specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause
speed to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified
engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the
default for all available algorithms.
- Measure time in real time instead of CPU time. It can be useful when
testing speed of hardware engines.
- -evp algo
- Use the specified cipher or message digest algorithm via the EVP
- Time the decryption instead of encryption. Affects only the EVP
- [zero or more test algorithms]
- If any options are given, speed tests those algorithms, otherwise
all of the above are tested.
Copyright 2000-2016 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You
may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain
a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at