|MAKE-JPKG(1)||General Commands Manual||MAKE-JPKG(1)|
NAME¶make-jpkg - builds Debian packages from Java binary distributions
SYNOPSIS¶make-jpkg [ OPTION]... [FILE]
DESCRIPTION¶make-jpkg builds a Debian package from the given Java distribution FILE. Supported java binary distributions currently include:
* Oracle (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads) :
- The Java Development Kit (JDK), version 6, 7 and 8
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE), version 6, 7 and 8
- The Java API Javadoc, version 6, 7 and 8
(Choose tar.gz archives or self-extracting archives, do _not_ choose the RPM!) The following options are recognized:
- --full-name NAME
- full name used in the maintainer field of the package
- --email EMAIL
- email address used in the maintainer field of the package
- --distribution DISTRIBUTION
- distribution to use in the debian changelog for the resulting package
- --priority PRIORITY
- numeric priority for use by update-alternatives. This overrides the default priority, which is intentionally lower than that of the Debian-provided OpenJDK packages. Only use this option if the generated package should be considered higher priority by update-alternatives.
- create a .changes file
- add debian revision
- build a source package instead of a binary deb package
- Replace the JVMs keystore with a softlink to the system's keystore, (/etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts) which is managed automatically by the ca-certificates and ca-certificates-java packages.
- --jce-policy JCE_POLICY_FILE
- Replace cryptography files with versions from the specified JCE_POLICY_FILE.
- display help text and exit
- output version information and exit
EXAMPLE¶To install Oracle(TM) 8 Standard Edition JDK, download a release from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html and invoke make-jpkg, for example:
- make-jpkg <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-8u102-linux-x64.tar.gz
- dpkg -i oracle-java8-jdk_8u102_amd64.deb
- rm <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-8u102-linux-x64.tar.gz oracle-java8-jdk_8u102_amd64.deb
- base directory used for temporary files (defaults to /tmp)
- full name used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied then the default of "Debian Java Maintainers" is used.
- email address used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied the default of "firstname.lastname@example.org" is used.
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Hubert Schmid <email@example.com>.
|September 10, 2016|