|git-annex-info(1)||General Commands Manual||git-annex-info(1)|
NAME¶git-annex-info - shows information about the specified item or the repository as a whole
SYNOPSIS¶git annex info [directory|file|treeish|remote|uuid ...]
DESCRIPTION¶Displays statistics and other information for the specified item, which can be a directory, or a file, or a treeish, or a remote, or the uuid of a repository.
When no item is specified, displays statistics and information for the repository as a whole.
- Only show the data that can be gathered quickly.
- Enable JSON output. This is intended to be parsed by programs that use git-annex. Each line of output is a JSON object.
- Show file sizes in bytes, disabling the default nicer units.
- Enable batch mode, in which a line containing an item is read from stdin, the information about it is output to stdout, and repeat.
- file matching options
- When a directory is specified, the git-annex-matching-options(1) can be used to select the files in the directory that are included in the statistics.
EXAMPLES¶Suppose you want to run "git annex get .", but would first like to see how much disk space that will use. Then run:
git annex info --fast . --not --in here