deb-prerm - package pre-removal maintainer script
A package can perform several pre-removal actions via maintainer scripts, by
including an executable prerm
file in its control archive (i.e.
during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- prerm remove
- Before the package is removed.
- old-prerm upgrade new-version
- Before an upgrade.
- new-prerm failed-upgrade old-version
- If the above upgrade fails.
- prerm deconfigure in-favour new-package
[ removing old-package old-version ] Before package is
deconfigured while dependency is replaced due to conflict.
- prerm remove in-favour new-package
- Before the package is replaced due to conflict.