deb-postinst - package post-installation maintainer script
A package can perform several post-installation actions via maintainer scripts,
by including an executable postinst
file in its control archive (i.e.
during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- postinst configure old-version
- After the package was installed.
- postinst triggered trigger-name...
- After the package was triggered.
- old-postinst abort-upgrade new-version
- If prerm fails during upgrade or fails on failed upgrade.
- old-postinst abort-remove
- If prerm fails during removal.
- postinst abort-deconfigure in-favour new-package
[ removing old-package old-version ] If prerm fails
during deconfiguration of a package.
- postinst abort-remove in-favour new-package
- If prerm fails during replacement due to conflict.