deb-origin - Vendor-specific information files
The files in /etc/dpkg/origins
can provide information about various
vendors who are providing Debian packages.
They contain a number of fields, or comments when the line starts with ‘
’. Each field begins with a tag, such as Vendor
, followed by a colon and the body of the field. Fields are
delimited only by field tags. In other words, field text may be multiple lines
in length, but the tools will join lines when processing the body of the
The file should be named according to the vendor name. The usual convention is
to name the vendor file using the vendor name in all lowercase, but some
variation is permitted. Namely, spaces are mapped to dashes (‘
’), and the file can have the same casing as the value in
field, or it can be capitalized.
- Vendor: vendor-name (required)
- The value of this field determines the vendor name.
- Vendor-URL: vendor-url
- The value of this field determines the vendor URL.
- Bugs: bug-url
- The value of this field determines the type and address of
the bug tracking system used by this vendor. It can be a mailto URL or a
debbugs URL (e.g., debbugs://bugs.debian.org/).
- Parent: vendor-name
- The value of this field determines the vendor name of the
vendor that this vendor derives from.