NAME¶pyFAI-average - manual page for pyFAI-average version 0.15.0 from 30/01/2018
DESCRIPTION¶usage: pyFAI-average [options] [options] -o output.edf file1.edf file2.edf ...
This tool can be used to average out a set of dark current images using mean or median filter (along the image stack). One can also reject outliers be specifying a cutoff (remove cosmic rays / zingers from dark)
- Files to be processed
- -h, --help
- show this help message and exit
- -V, --version
- show program's version number and exit
- -o OUTPUT, --output OUTPUT
- Output/ destination of average image
- -m METHOD, --method METHOD
- Method used for averaging, can be 'mean' (default) or 'min', 'max', 'median', 'sum', 'quantiles' , 'cutoff', 'std'. Multiple filters can be defined with ',' separator.
- -c CUTOFF, --cutoff CUTOFF
- Take the mean of the average +/- cutoff * std_dev.
- -F FORMAT, --format FORMAT
- Output file/image format (by default EDF)
- -d DARK, --dark DARK
- Dark noise to be subtracted
- -f FLAT, --flat FLAT
- Flat field correction
- -v, --verbose
- switch to verbose/debug mode
- -q QUANTILES, --quantiles QUANTILES
- average out between two quantiles -q 0.20-0.90
- --monitor-name MONITOR_KEY
- Name of the monitor in the header of each input files. If defined the contribution of each input file is divided by the monitor. If the header does not contain or contains a wrong value, the contribution of the input file is ignored. On EDF files, values from 'counter_pos' can accessed by using the expected mnemonic. For example 'counter/bmon'.
- Only error messages are printed out
It can also be used to merge many images from the same sample when using a small beam and reduce the spotty-ness of Debye-Sherrer rings. In this case the "max-filter" is usually recommended.
SEE ALSO¶The full documentation for pyFAI-average is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and pyFAI-average programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info pyFAI-average
should give you access to the complete manual.
|February 2018||pyFAI-average version 0.15.0 from 30/01/2018|