NAME¶peek - Simple screen recorder with an easy to use interface
DESCRIPTION¶Peek makes it easy to create short screencasts of a screen area. It was built for the specific use case of recording screen areas, e.g. for easily showing UI features of your own apps or for showing a bug in bug reports. With Peek you simply place the Peek window over the area you want to record and press "Record". Peek is optimized for generating animated GIFs, but you can also directly record to WebM or MP4 if you prefer.
Peek is not a general purpose screencast app with extended features but rather focuses on the single task of creating small, silent screencasts of an area of the screen for creating GIF animations or silent WebM or MP4 videos.
- -h, --help
- Show help options
- Show all help options
- Show GApplication options
- Show GTK+ Options
- -v, --version
- Show the version of the program and exit
- -b, --backend=BACKEND
- Select the recording backend (gnome-shell, ffmpeg)
- -s, --start
- Start recording in all running Peek instances
- -p, --stop
- Stop recording in all running Peek instances
- -t, --toggle
- Toggle recording in all running Peek instances
- Start Peek without the header bar
- X display to use
AUTHOR¶Written by Philipp Wolfer <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This manual page was written by Paulo Roberto Alves de Oliveira (aka kretcheu) <email@example.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others).
|13 May 2019||1.3.1|