- Used to register new users with a given home
server when registration has been disabled
registers new users with a given home server
when registration has been disabled. For this to work, the home server must be
configured with the ´registration_shared_secret´ option set.
This accepts the user credentials like the username, password, is user an admin
or not and registers the user onto the homeserver database. Also, a YAML file
containing the shared secret can be provided. If not, the shared secret can be
provided via the command line.
By default it assumes the home server URL to be https://localhost:8448
This can be changed via the server_url
command line option.
A sample YAML file accepted by register_new_matrix_user
- -u, --user
- Local part of the new user. Will prompt if omitted.
- -p, --password
- New password for user. Will prompt if omitted. Supplying the password on
the command line is not recommended. Use the STDIN instead.
- -a, --admin
- Register new user as an admin. Will prompt if omitted.
- -c, --config
- Path to server config file containing the shared secret.
- -k, --shared-secret
- Shared secret as defined in server config file. This is an optional
parameter as it can be also supplied via the YAML file.
- URL of the home server. Defaults to
$ register_new_matrix_user -u user1 -p p@ssword -a -c config.yaml
This man page was written by Rahul De < email@example.com
Debian GNU/Linux distribution.