NAME¶freeciv-modpack - Custom content installer for the Freeciv game
SYNOPSIS¶freeciv-modpack [ -h|--help ] [ -L|--List URL ] [ -p|--prefix directory ] [ -v|--version ]
DESCRIPTION¶Freeciv is a free turn-based multiplayer strategy game, in which each player becomes the leader of a civilization, fighting to obtain the ultimate goal: To become the greatest civilization.
Players of Civilization II® by Microprose® should feel at home, since one aim of Freeciv is to have compatible rules.
Freeciv is maintained by an international team of coders and enthusiasts, and is easily one of the most fun and addictive network games out there!
This program allows users to select and download add-on content ("modpacks") for Freeciv from the Internet, either from a list maintained by the Freeciv team, or by using a URL obtained by other means. It takes care of installing the files in the correct place under the user's home directory for this version of Freeciv; it does not install anything for system-wide use.
This manual page only lists the command line arguments. For details regarding the options when using freeciv-modpack see the documentation at the Freeciv website as well as the documentation which is part of the Freeciv distribution.
OPTIONS¶All options have a short form (single hyphen and single letter) and a long form (double hyphen and a complete word); their effects are identical.
- -h, --help
- Prints a short summary of the command line options.
- -L URL, --List URL
- Gets modpack list from given URL, rather than the standard location on the Freeciv team's servers.
- -p directory, --prefix directory
- Installs modpacks under given directory hierarchy.
- -v, --version
- Prints the version number and exits.
FILES¶freeciv-modpack installs files to the following subdirectories of the user's home directory (or another directory specified with --prefix), as appropriate:
ENVIRONMENT¶freeciv-modpack accepts these environment variables:
- Specifies the user's home directory.
- Set this variable accordingly when using a proxy.
- LANG or LANGUAGE
- Sets the language and locale on some platforms.
- LC_ALL or LC_CTYPE
- Similar to LANG (see documentation for your system).
- Specifies the username of the current user.
BUGS¶Please report bugs to the Freeciv bug tracker .
MORE INFO¶See the Freeciv homepage .
Updates and new info is first posted there.
AUTHORS¶The Freeciv Team <freeciv-dev AT gna.org>.
SEE ALSO¶freeciv-server(6) freeciv-client(6)
|December 10th 2011|