xlogo - X Window System logo
program displays the X Window System logo.
accepts all of the standard X Toolkit command line options, as well
as the following:
- This option indicates that the logo should be drawn with anti-aliased
edges using the RENDER extension.
- If -render is also specified, this forces the edges to be rendered in
sharp mode, (ie. 1-bit alpha channel).
- This option indicates that the logo window should be shaped rather than
The default width and the default height are each 100 pixels. This program uses
widget in the Athena widget set. It understands all of the
Simple widget resource names and classes as well as:
- foreground (class Foreground)
- Specifies the color for the logo. The default is depends on whether
reverseVideo is specified. If reverseVideo is specified the
default is XtDefaultForeground, otherwise the default is
- shapeWindow (class ShapeWindow)
- Specifies that the window is shaped to the X logo. The default is
In order to specify resources, it is useful to know the hierarchy of the widgets
which compose xlogo
. In the notation below, indentation indicates
hierarchical structure. The widget class name is given first, followed by the
widget instance name.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources
stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
- specifies required resources
Ollie Jones of Apollo Computer and Jim Fulton of the MIT X Consortium wrote the
logo graphics routine, based on a graphic design by Danny Chong and Ross
Chapman of Apollo Computer.