- System Support Scripts
contains additional support scripts for live systems.
currently contains the following tools.
- writes out updated kernel and initrd images to the live media. This
wrapper replaces the update-initramfs command provided by the
- updates UUID in an existing initramfs image.
- copies running system to RAM in order to eject the live media.
- determines if running system is a live system.
- switches a non-persistent system to using persistence at runtime.
More information about live-tools and the Live Systems project can be found on
the homepage at < http://live-systems.org/
> and in the manual at
Bugs can be reported by submitting a bugreport for the live-tools package in the
Bug Tracking System at < http://bugs.debian.org/
> or by writing a
mail to the Live Systems mailing list at <
live-tools was written by Daniel Baumann <