XSelectInput - select input events
int XSelectInput(Display *display, Window w, long
- Specifies the connection to the X server.
- Specifies the event mask.
- Specifies the window whose events you are interested in.
function requests that the X server report the events
associated with the specified event mask. Initially, X will not report any of
these events. Events are reported relative to a window. If a window is not
interested in a device event, it usually propagates to the closest ancestor
that is interested, unless the do_not_propagate mask prohibits it.
Setting the event-mask attribute of a window overrides any previous call for the
same window but not for other clients. Multiple clients can select for the
same events on the same window with the following restrictions:
- Multiple clients can select events on the same window because their event
masks are disjoint. When the X server generates an event, it reports it to
all interested clients.
- Only one client at a time can select CirculateRequest,
ConfigureRequest, or MapRequest events, which are associated
with the event mask SubstructureRedirectMask.
- Only one client at a time can select a ResizeRequest event, which
is associated with the event mask ResizeRedirectMask.
- Only one client at a time can select a ButtonPress event, which is
associated with the event mask ButtonPressMask.
The server reports the event to all interested clients.
can generate a BadWindow
- A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.
Xlib - C Language X Interface