keyctl_chown - Change the ownership of a key
long keyctl_chown(key_serial_t key, uid_t uid, gid_t gid);
() changes the user and group ownership details of a key.
A setting of -1
on either uid
will cause that
setting to be ignored.
A process that does not have the SysAdmin
capability may not change a
key's UID or set the key's GID to a value that does not match the process's
GID or one of its group list.
The caller must have setattr
permission on a key to be able change its
On success keyctl_chown
() returns 0 .
On error, the value
will be returned and errno will have been set to an appropriate
- The specified key does not exist.
- The specified key has expired.
- The specified key has been revoked.
- Changing the UID to the one specified would run that UID out of
- The key exists, but does not grant setattr permission to the
This is a library function that can be found in libkeyutils
should be specified to the linker.