table of contents
|RC(4)||Device Drivers Manual||RC(4)|
RISCom/8 multiport card
DESCRIPTION¶The RISCom/8 is an eight port ISA RS-232C communications multiplexer with a built in RISC processor. It uses a block of sixteen I/O ports in the range 0x200 to 0x3f0 selectable by on-board switches or jumpers. The block must be aligned on a sixteen port boundary. The jumper-selectable hardware interrupt level may be set to be detected during system initialization using settings found in the /boot/device.hints file. This driver is mostly based on the Cirrus Logic CL-CD180 driver.
rcdriver provides support for the SDL Communications RISCom/8 boards.
DIAGNOSTICS¶The following driver specific error messages may be reported:
- rc%d channel%d: interrupt-level buffer overflow
- An internal buffer overflow error has occurred on the listed channel. The
rcdriver will need to be reloaded to correct this.
- rc%d: Bad char chan %d
- The channel has obtained a bad set of characters.
- rc%d: Got extra chars chan %d
rcdriver got more characters than expected on the channel shown.
- rc%d: data mismatch chan %d ptr %d (%d != %d)
- Data sent from channel %d to the rx buffer was different then expected.
- rc%d: channel %d command timeout, rc.c line: %d
- A command timeout has occurred on the channel, the src/sys/dev/rc/rc.c file can be consulted for more information.
SEE ALSO¶tty(1), ttyname(3), sio(4), tty(4), device.hints(5), comcontrol(8), getty(8), mutex(9), splx(9) http://www.sdlcomm.com
rcdriver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.0.5. This manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3.
AUTHORS¶This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes ⟨trhodes@FreeBSD.org⟩.
rcdriver code still uses the spl(9) functions. These should be replaced by mutex(9) functions. The various
ttyld_*() functions should be documented.
|March 18, 2005||Debian|