RISCom/8 multiport card
The RISCom/8 is an eight port ISA RS-232C communications multiplexer with a
built in RISC processor. It uses a block of sixteen I/O ports in the range
0x200 to 0x3f0 selectable by on-board switches or jumpers. The block must be
aligned on a sixteen port boundary. The jumper-selectable hardware interrupt
level may be set to be detected during system initialization using settings
found in the /boot/device.hints
This driver is mostly based on the Cirrus Logic CL-CD180 driver.
driver provides support for the SDL
Communications RISCom/8 boards.
The following driver specific error messages may be reported:
- rc%d channel%d: interrupt-level buffer overflow
- An internal buffer overflow error has occurred on the listed channel. The
rc driver will need to be reloaded to
- rc%d: Bad char chan %d
- The channel has obtained a bad set of characters.
- rc%d: Got extra chars chan %d
rc driver got more characters than
expected on the channel shown.
- rc%d: data mismatch chan %d ptr %d (%d != %d)
- Data sent from channel %d to the rx
buffer was different then expected.
- rc%d: channel %d command timeout, rc.c line: %d
- A command timeout has occurred on the channel, the
src/sys/dev/rc/rc.c file can be
consulted for more information.
driver first appeared in
. This manual page first appeared in
This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes
driver code still uses the
functions. These should be replaced by
() functions should be