|IWI(4)||Device Drivers Manual||IWI(4)|
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG/2225BG/2915ABG IEEE 802.11 driver
SYNOPSIS¶To compile this driver into the kernel, include the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5):
iwidriver provides support for Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG/2915ABG MiniPCI and 2225BG PCI network adapters.
monitormode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires the firmware built with the
iwifwmodule to work. For the loaded firmware to be enabled for use the license at /usr/share/doc/legal/intel_iwi/LICENSE must be agreed by adding the following line to loader.conf(5):
EXAMPLES¶Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point):
ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwi0 inet 192.168.0.20 \ netmask 0xffffff00
Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption:
ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwi0 ssid my_net up
ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwi0 ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up
ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwi0 wlanmode adhoc ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x01020304050607080910111213 weptxkey 1
- iwi%d: device timeout
- The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen.
- iwi%d: firmware error
- The onboard microcontroller crashed for some reason. The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen.
- iwi%d: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete
- The onboard microcontroller failed to initialize in time. This should not happen.
- iwi%d: could not load firmware image '%s'
- The driver failed to load the firmware image using the firmware(9) subsystem. Verify the iwifw(4) firmware module is installed and the license agreement loader(8) tunable has been set.
- iwi%d: could not load boot firmware
- An attempt to upload the boot firmware image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen.
- iwi%d: could not load microcode
- An attempt to upload the microcode image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen.
- iwi%d: could not load main firmware
- An attempt to upload the main firmware image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen.
SEE ALSO¶iwifw(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_ccmp(4), wlan_tkip(4), wlan_wep(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8).
iwidriver was written by Damien Bergamini ⟨email@example.com⟩
|April 13, 2008||Debian|