|IPW(4)||Device Drivers Manual||IPW(4)|
Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 IEEE 802.11 driver
SYNOPSIS¶To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5):
ipwdriver provides support for the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 MiniPCI network adapter.
monitormode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires the firmware built with the
ipwfwmodule to work. For the loaded firmware to be enabled for use the license at /usr/share/doc/legal/intel_ipw/LICENSE must be agreed by adding the following line to loader.conf(5):
EXAMPLES¶Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point):
ifconfig wlan create wlandev ipw0 inet 192.168.0.20 \ netmask 0xffffff00
Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption:
ifconfig wlan create wlandev ipw0 ssid my_net up
ifconfig wlan create wlandev ipw0 ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up
ifconfig wlan create wlandev ipw0 wlanmode adhoc ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x01020304050607080910111213 weptxkey 1
- ipw%d: device timeout
- The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen.
- ipw%d: firmware error
- The onboard microcontroller crashes for some reason. The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen.
- ipw%d: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete
- The onboard microcontroller failed to initialize in time. This should not happen.
- ipw%d: could not load firmware image '%s'
- The driver failed to load the firmware image using the firmware(9) subsystem. Verify the ipwfw(4) firmware module is installed and the license agreement loader(8) tunable has been set.
- ipw%d: could not load microcode
- An attempt to upload the microcode image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen.
- ipw%d: could not load firmware
- An attempt to upload the firmware image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen.
SEE ALSO¶ipwfw(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_ccmp(4), wlan_tkip(4), wlan_wep(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8)
ipwdriver was written by Damien Bergamini ⟨email@example.com⟩.
|April 13, 2008||Debian|