|wxcopy(1)||General Commands Manual||wxcopy(1)|
NAME¶wxcopy - copy stdin or file into X11 cutbuffer
SYNOPSIS¶wxcopy [options] [filename]
DESCRIPTION¶wxcopy copies stdin or filename into the cutbuffer. If no cutbuffer is specified, the data will be copied into cutbuffer 0 and the other cutbuffers will be rotated, if present. If a cutbuffer is specified, the data is copied into that cutbuffer, and no rotation of buffers is performed.
- Clears the PRIMARY selection owner. In practice it means that when you try to paste the data with the middle mouse button (for example) it will paste the data from cut buffer 0, instead of any eventually existing mouse selection.
- --cutbuffer number
- Specifies the number of the cutbuffer to copy data to.
- -display display-name
- The data will be copied in the cutbuffers of the specified display/screen.
- print a help message with the list of options.
- Makes the normal 64kb limit check not to be performed, making the buffer attempt to grow to whatever size is required.
- print the version of Window Maker from which the program comes.
SEE ALSO¶wxpaste(1), wmaker(1)
AUTHOR¶This man page was written by Marcelo Magallon <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Window Maker was written by Alfredo K. Kojima <email@example.com>.
Binary data compatibility and --no-limit stuff by Luke Kendall <firstname.lastname@example.org>.