|IMG2WEBP(1)||General Commands Manual||IMG2WEBP(1)|
NAME¶img2webp - create animated WebP file from a sequence of input images.
SYNOPSIS¶img2webp [file_level_options] [files] [per_frame_options...]
DESCRIPTION¶This manual page documents the img2webp command.
img2webp compresses a sequence of images using the animated WebP format. Input images can either be PNG, JPEG, TIFF or WebP.
FILE-LEVEL OPTIONS¶The file-level options are applied at the beginning of the compression process, before the input frames are read.
- -o string
- Specify the name of the output WebP file.
- Encode images to achieve smallest size. This disables key frame insertion and picks the parameters resulting in smallest output for each frame. It uses lossless compression by default, but can be combined with -q, -m, -lossy or -mixed options.
- -kmin int
- -kmax int
- Specify the minimum and maximum distance between consecutive key frames
(independently decodable frames) in the output animation. The tool will
insert some key frames into the output animation as needed so that this
criteria is satisfied.
-mixed Mixed compression mode: optimize compression of the image by picking either lossy or lossless compression for each frame heuristically. This global option disables the local option -lossy and -lossless .
- -loop int
- Specifies the number of times the animation should loop. Using '0' means
- Be more verbose.
- -h, -help
- A short usage summary.
PER-FRAME OPTIONS¶The per-frame options are applied for the images following as arguments in the command line. They can be modified any number of times preceding each particular input image.
- -d int
- Specify the image duration in milliseconds.
- -lossless, -lossy
- Compress the next image(s) using lossless or lossy compression mode. The default mode is lossless.
- -q float
- Specify the compression factor between 0 and 100. The default is 75.
- -m int
- Specify the compression method to use. This parameter controls the trade off between encoding speed and the compressed file size and quality. Possible values range from 0 to 6. Default value is 4.
EXAMPLE¶img2webp -loop 2 in0.png -lossy in1.jpg -d 80 in2.tiff -o out.webp
BUGS¶Please report all bugs to the issue tracker: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp
Patches welcome! See this page to get started: http://www.webmproject.org/code/contribute/submitting-patches/
AUTHORS¶img2webp is a part of libwebp and was written by the WebP team.
The latest source tree is available at https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp
This manual page was written by Pascal Massimino <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others).
SEE ALSO¶webpmux(1), gif2webp(1)
Please refer to http://developers.google.com/speed/webp/ for additional information.
|January 23, 2017|