NAME¶ubertooth-scan - Scan frequency band active(Bluez) device scan and inquiry supported by Ubertooth
SYNOPSIS¶ubertooth-scan [-s] [-x]
DESCRIPTION¶This tool uses a normal Bluetooth dongle to perform Inquiry Scans and Extended Inquiry scans of Bluetooth devices. It uses Ubertooth to discover undiscoverable devices and can use BlueZ to scan for discoverable devices.
EXAMPLES¶Use Ubertooth to discover devices and perform Inquiry Scan with BlueZ:
Use BlueZ and Ubertooth to discover devices and perform Inquiry Scan and Extended Inquiry Scan:
ubertooth-scan -s -x
- -s : hci Scan - use BlueZ to scan for discoverable devices
- -x : eXtended scan - retrieve additional information about target devices
- -t <seconds> : scan Time - length of time to sniff packets. [Default: 20s]
- -e <0-4> : Maximum Access Code Errors (default: 2)
- -b hciN : Bluetooth device (default: hci0)
- -U<0-7> : which Ubertooth device to use
SEE ALSO¶ubertooth-rx(1): Discover devices passively with Ubertooth
ubertooth(7): overview of Project Ubertooth
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Mike Ryan.
COPYRIGHT¶ubertooth-scan(1) is Copyright (c) 2010-2017. This tool is released under the GPLv2. Refer to COPYING for further details.
|March 2017||Project Ubertooth|