- experimental 9.0.0~a3+dfsg-1
|Tcl_StaticLibrary(3tcl)||Tcl Library Procedures||Tcl_StaticLibrary(3tcl)|
Tcl_StaticLibrary, Tcl_StaticPackage - make a statically linked library available via the 'load' command
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_StaticLibrary(interp, prefix, initProc, safeInitProc) Tcl_StaticPackage(interp, prefix, initProc, safeInitProc)
- Tcl_Interp *interp (in)
- If not NULL, points to an interpreter into which the library has already been incorporated (i.e., the caller has already invoked the appropriate initialization procedure). NULL means the library has not yet been incorporated into any interpreter.
- const char *prefix (in)
- Prefix for library initialization function. Normally in titlecase (first letter upper-case, all others lower-case), but this is no longer required.
- Tcl_LibraryInitProc *initProc (in)
- Procedure to invoke to incorporate this library into a trusted interpreter.
- Tcl_LibraryInitProc *safeInitProc (in)
- Procedure to call to incorporate this library into a safe interpreter (one
that will execute untrusted scripts). NULL means the library cannot be
used in safe interpreters.
This procedure may be invoked to announce that a library has been linked statically with a Tcl application and, optionally, that it has already been incorporated into an interpreter. Once Tcl_StaticLibrary has been invoked for a library, it may be incorporated into interpreters using the load command. Tcl_StaticLibrary is normally invoked only by the Tcl_AppInit procedure for the application, not by libraries for themselves (Tcl_StaticLibrary should only be invoked for statically linked libraries, and code in the library itself should not need to know whether the library is dynamically loaded or statically linked).
When the load command is used later to incorporate the library into an interpreter, one of initProc and safeInitProc will be invoked, depending on whether the target interpreter is safe or not. initProc and safeInitProc must both match the following prototype:
typedef int Tcl_LibraryInitProc(
The interp argument identifies the interpreter in which the library is to be incorporated. The initialization procedure must return TCL_OK or TCL_ERROR to indicate whether or not it completed successfully; in the event of an error it should set the interpreter's result to point to an error message. The result or error from the initialization procedure will be returned as the result of the load command that caused the initialization procedure to be invoked.
Tcl_StaticLibrary was named Tcl_StaticPackage in Tcl 8.6 and earlier, but the old name is deprecated now.
Tcl_StaticLibrary can not be used in stub-enabled extensions.
initialization procedure, package, static linking
load(3tcl), package(3tcl), Tcl_PkgRequire(3tcl)