- experimental 8.7.0~a5+dfsg-2
|Tcl_GetVersion(3tcl)||Tcl Library Procedures||Tcl_GetVersion(3tcl)|
Tcl_GetVersion - get the version of the library at runtime
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_GetVersion(major, minor, patchLevel, type)
- int *major (out)
- Major version number of the Tcl library.
- int *minor (out)
- Minor version number of the Tcl library.
- int *patchLevel (out)
- The patch level of the Tcl library (or alpha or beta number).
- Tcl_ReleaseType *type (out)
- The type of release, also indicates the type of patch level. Can be one of
TCL_ALPHA_RELEASE, TCL_BETA_RELEASE, or
Tcl_GetVersion should be used to query the version number of the Tcl library at runtime. This is useful when using a dynamically loaded Tcl library or when writing a stubs-aware extension. For instance, if you write an extension that is linked against the Tcl stubs library, it could be loaded into a program linked to an older version of Tcl than you expected. Use Tcl_GetVersion to verify that fact, and possibly to change the behavior of your extension.
Tcl_GetVersion accepts NULL for any of the arguments. For instance if you do not care about the patchLevel of the library, pass a NULL for the patchLevel argument.
version, patchlevel, major, minor, alpha, beta, release