- experimental 1.6.7+repack1-2
|Syncplay(1)||General Commands Manual||Syncplay(1)|
NAME¶syncplay - synchronize playback of various video players via internet
SYNOPSIS¶syncplay [options] [file] [playeroptions]
DESCRIPTION¶This manual page documents briefly the syncplay command.
syncplay is a program that allows you to watch movies with friends or family at different places synchronized via the internet.
When a viewer pauses/unpauses playback or seeks within their media player this will be replicated across all media players connected to the same server in the same viewing session. A chat function is included so viewers can discuss the movie while watching it. To improve the communication experience for viewers, the Syncplay developers and this package suggest to use additional VoIP (package mumble) or video phone (package jami) software.
Technically, it synchronises the position and play states of multiple mpv, VLC, MPC-HC and MPC-BEmedia player instances so viewers' players present the same movie at the same time.
There are known synchronization issues with VLC. If you experience such problems use MPV instead.
OPTIONS¶This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below.
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
- Do not show the graphical user interface.
- -a hostname, --host hostname
- Address of the server to connect to.
- -n username, --name username
- User name to use.
- -d, --debug
- Enable debug mode.
- -g, --force-gui-prompt
- Einstellungsfenster anzeigen
- Do not store configuration settings in .syncplay.
- -r [room], --room [room]
- Default room to use.
- -p [password], --password [password]
- The password for the server.
- --player-path path
- Path to the player binary.
- --language language
- Language of Syncplay messages. Valid values are de/en/ru/it/es/pt_BR/pt_PT/tr.
- Resets path and window state GUI data stored as QSettings.
- -v, --version
- Show version of program.
- --load-playlist-from-file file
- Loads the playlist from file. One entry per line.
|February 7 2021|