- experimental 0.4.9~alpha-3
|sy-plugin(1)||General Commands Manual||sy-plugin(1)|
NAME¶sy-plugin - list, install, update and remove Syncany plugins
SYNOPSIS¶sy plugin list [-R | --remote-only] [-L | --local-only] [-s | --snapshots] [-a | --api-endpoint=<url>] [<plugin-id>]
sy plugin install [-s | --snapshot] [-m | --minimal-output] (<URL> | <file> | <plugin-id>)
sy plugin update [<plugin-id>]
sy plugin remove <plugin-id>
DESCRIPTION¶This command performs four different actions:
- It lists the locally installed and remotely available plugins, including version information and whether plugins can be upgraded. The ´list´ action connects to the Syncany host to retrieve remote plugin information. By default, only plugin releases will be listed in the result. If instead daily snapshots are desired, the -s option can be used.
- It installs new plugins from either a given URL or a local file. URL and local file must point to a valid Syncany plugin JAR file to be installable. If <plugin-id> is given, the command will connect to the Syncany host and download the desired plugin from there. If instead of the release version the daily snapshot shall be installed, the -s option can be used.
Plugins installed by the ´install´ action will be copied to the Syncany user directory. On Unix-based systems, this directory is located at ~/.config/syncany/plugins, and on Windows at %AppData%\Syncany\plugins.
- It updates plugins by removing and re-installing them from the Syncany host (if they are updatable). Plugins are updatable if they are out-of-date and are not ´Global´ plugins.
- It removes locally installed plugins from the user´s local plugin directory. Only plugins installed by the ´install´ action can be removed. The plugins shipped with Syncany (e.g. the ´local´ plugin) cannot be removed.
ACIONS¶The following actions are available within the ´plugin´ command:
list [<args>] [<plugin-id>]
install [<args>] (<URL> | <file> | <plugin-id>)