sympa_automatic, sympa_automatic.pl - Automatic list creation daemon
"sympa_automatic.pl" [ "-d, --debug" ] [ "-f, --file"=another.sympa.conf ] [ "-k, --keepcopy"=directory ] [ [ "-m, --mail" ] [ "-h, --help" ] [ "-v, --version" ]
Sympa_automatic.pl is a program which scans permanently the automatic creation spool and processes each message.
If the list a message is bound for has not been there and list creation is authorized, it will be created. Then the message is stored into incoming message spool again and wait for processing by sympa_msg.pl.
sympa_automatic.pl may run with following options in general.
- "-d", "--debug"
- Enable debug mode.
- "-f", "--config="file
- Force Sympa to use an alternative configuration file instead of /etc/sympa/sympa/sympa.conf.
- Sets Sympa log level.
sympa_automatic.pl may run in daemon mode with following options.
- The process remains attached to the TTY.
- "-k", "--keepcopy="directory
- This option tells Sympa to keep a copy of every incoming message, instead of deleting them. `directory' is the directory to store messages.
- "-m", "--mail"
- Sympa will log calls to sendmail, including recipients. This option is useful for keeping track of each mail sent (log files may grow faster though).
With following options sympa_automatic.pl will print some information and exit.
- "-h", "--help"
- Print this help message.
- "-v", "--version"
- Print the version number.
/etc/sympa/sympa/sympa.conf main configuration file.
$PIDDIR/sympa_automatic.pid this file contains the process ID of sympa_automatic.pl.
sympa.pl was originally written by:
As of Sympa 6.2b.4, it was split into three programs: sympa.pl command line utility, sympa_automatic.pl daemon and sympa_msg.pl daemon.