|sip-distinfo(1)||General Commands Manual||sip-distinfo(1)|
NAME¶sip-distinfo - create and populate a .dist-info directory
sip-distinfo [options] directory
directory is the full path name of the directory to create.
DESCRIPTION¶sip-distinfo creates and populates a .dist-info directory of an installation or a wheel. It is provided for build systems that extend the SIP build system and need to create the .dist-info directory from an external tool such as make.
- -h, --help
- Display a help message.
- -V, --version
- Display the SIP version number.
- --console-script ENTRY-POINT
- The console entry point ENTRY-POINT is added to the wheel. It is ignored if the --wheel-tag option is not specified. This option may be specified multiple times.
- --generator NAME
- If the --wheel-tag option is specified then NAME is written as the Generator in the WHEEL file in the .dist-info directory. Otherwise NAME is written to the INSTALLER file. By default sip-distinfo is written.
- --gui-script ENTRY-POINT
- The GUI entry point ENTRY-POINT is added to the wheel. It is ignored if the --wheel-tag option is not specified. This option may be specified multiple times.
- --inventory FILE
- FILE contains a list of the relative names of the files, one per line, that comprise the installation or wheel contents. This option must be specified.
- --metadata NAME[=VALUE]
- VALUE is used instead of any value specified for NAME in the [tool.sip.metadata] section of the pyproject.toml file.
- --prefix DIR
- This option is provided as an aid to Linux package builders. DIR is used to pass the commonly used values of DESTDIR or INSTALL_ROOT. If specified it should have a trailing native path separator.
- --project-root DIR
- The name of the directory containing the project's pyproject.toml file is DIR. This option must be specified.
- --requires-dist EXPR
- EXPR is added to the list of prerequisites written to the METADATA file in the .dist-info directory. It is normally used to specify a particular version of a package project's sip module. This option may be specified multiple times.
- --wheel-tag TAG
- TAG is written as the Tag in the WHEEL file in the .dist-info directory.