puppet-key - Create, save, and remove certificate keys.
puppet key action [--terminus _TERMINUS] [--extra HASH]
This subcommand manages certificate private keys. Keys are created automatically
by puppet agent and when certificate requests are generated with
´puppet certificate generate´; it should not be necessary to use
this subcommand directly.
Note that any setting that´s valid in the configuration file is also a
valid long argument, although it may or may not be relevant to the present
action. For example, server and run_mode are valid settings, so
you can specify --server <servername>, or --run_mode
<runmode> as an argument.
See the configuration file documentation at
for the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all
configuration options can also be generated by running puppet with
- --render-as FORMAT
- The format in which to render output. The most common formats are
json, s (string), yaml, and console, but other
options such as dot are sometimes available.
- Whether to log verbosely.
- Whether to log debug information.
- --extra HASH
- A terminus can take additional arguments to refine the operation, which
are passed as an arbitrary hash to the back-end. Anything passed as the
extra value is just send direct to the back-end.
- --terminus _TERMINUS
- Indirector faces expose indirected subsystems of Puppet. These subsystems
are each able to retrieve and alter a specific type of data (with the
familiar actions of find, search, save, and
destroy) from an arbitrary number of pluggable backends. In Puppet
parlance, these backends are called terminuses.
- Almost all indirected subsystems have a rest terminus that
interacts with the puppet master´s data. Most of them have
additional terminuses for various local data models, which are in turn
used by the indirected subsystem on the puppet master whenever it receives
a remote request.
- The terminus for an action is often determined by context, but
occasionally needs to be set explicitly. See the "Notes" section
of this face´s manpage for more details.
- destroy - Delete an object.
- puppet key destroy [--terminus _TERMINUS] [--extra HASH] key
- Delete an object.
- find - Retrieve an object by name.
- puppet key find [--terminus _TERMINUS] [--extra HASH] [key]
- Retrieve an object by name.
- info - Print the default terminus class for this face.
- puppet key info [--terminus _TERMINUS] [--extra HASH]
- Prints the default terminus class for this subcommand. Note that different
run modes may have different default termini; when in doubt, specify the
run mode with the ´--run_mode´ option.
- save - API only: create or overwrite an object.
- puppet key save [--terminus _TERMINUS] [--extra HASH] key
- API only: create or overwrite an object. As the Faces framework does not
currently accept data from STDIN, save actions cannot currently be invoked
from the command line.
- search - Search for an object or retrieve multiple objects.
- puppet key search [--terminus _TERMINUS] [--extra HASH] query
- Search for an object or retrieve multiple objects.
This subcommand is an indirector face, which exposes find, search,
save, and destroy actions for an indirected subsystem of Puppet.
Valid termini for this face include:
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE¶
Copyright 2011 by Puppet Inc. Apache 2 license; see COPYING