|DNSREPLAY(1)||PowerDNS Authoritative Server||DNSREPLAY(1)|
dnsreplay - A PowerDNS nameserver debugging tool
dnsreplay [OPTION]... FILENAME ADDRESS [PORT]
This program takes recorded questions and answers and replays them to the specified nameserver and reporting afterwards which percentage of answers matched, were worse or better.
dnsreplay compares the answers and some other metrics with the actual ones with those found in the dumpfile.
By default it only replay queries with recursion-desired flag set.
- --help, -h
- Show summary of options.
- --ecs-mask <VAL>
- When EDNS forwarding an IP address, mask out first octet with this value
- --ecs-stamp <FLAG>
- Add original IP address as EDNS Client Subnet Option when forwarding to reference server
- --pcap-dns-port <VAL>
- Look at packets from or to this port in the PCAP. Default is 53.
- --packet-limit <NUM>
- Stop after replaying NUM packets. Default for NUM is 0, which means no limit.
- --quiet <FLAG>
- If FLAG is set to 1. dnsreplay will not be very noisy with its output. This is the default.
- --recursive <FLAG>
- If FLAG is set to 1. dnsreplay will only replay queries with recursion desired flag set. This is the default.
- --speedup <FACTOR>
- Replay queries with this speedup FACTOR. Default is 1.
- --timeout-msec <MSEC>
- Wait at least MSEC milliseconds for a reply. Default is 500.
dnsreplay has no certain handling for timeouts. It handles around at most 65536 outstanding answers.
pcap(3PCAP), tcpdump(8), dnswasher(1)
2001-2019, PowerDNS.COM BV
|February 6, 2021|