node-gyp -- native addon build tool for node
node-gyp <command> [args]
node-gyp is a cross-platform command-line tool for compiling native addon modules for Node.js, taking away the pain of dealing with the various differences in build platforms. It is the replacement to the node-waf program, which is removed since node 0.8. Native addons still using a wscript file should definitely add a binding.gyp file to support the latest versions of node.
Multiple target versions of node are supported (from node 0.6 to the next released version), regardless of what version of node is actually installed on your system; node-gyp downloads the necessary development files for the target version.
- build Invokes make/msbuild.exe and builds the native addon
- clean Removes any the build dir if it exists
- configure Generates project build files for the current platform
- rebuild Runs clean, configure and build all in a row
- install <version> Installs node development header files for the given version
- list Lists the currently installed node development file versions
- remove <version> Removes the node development header files for the given version