|SHOWMOUNT(8)||System Manager's Manual||SHOWMOUNT(8)|
showmount - show mount information for an NFS server
showmount [ -adehv ] [ --all ] [ --directories ] [ --exports ] [ --help ] [ --version ] [ host ]
showmount queries the mount daemon on a remote host for information about the state of the NFS server on that machine. With no options showmount lists the set of clients who are mounting from that host. The output from showmount is designed to appear as though it were processed through ``sort -u''.
- -a or --all
- List both the client hostname or IP address and mounted directory in host:dir format. This info should not be considered reliable. See the notes on rmtab in rpc.mountd(8).
- -d or --directories
- List only the directories mounted by some client.
- -e or --exports
- Show the NFS server's export list.
- -h or --help
- Provide a short help summary.
- -v or --version
- Report the current version number of the program.
- Suppress the descriptive headings from the output.
The completeness and accuracy of the information that showmount displays varies according to the NFS server's implementation.
Because showmount sorts and uniqs the output, it is impossible to determine from the output whether a client is mounting the same directory more than once.
showmount works by contacting the server's MNT service directly. NFSv4-only servers have no need to advertise their exported root filehandles via this method, and may not expose their MNT service to clients.
Rick Sladkey <email@example.com>
|6 October 1993|