needrestart - needrestart
needrestart checks which daemons need to be restarted after library upgrades.
- needrestart [-(v|q)] [-n] [-c <cfg>] [-r <mode>] [-f <fe>] [-u <ui>] [-(b|p)] [-kl]
- be more verbose
- be quiet
- -m <mode>
- set level of technical details
- (e)asy mode
- (a)dvanced mode
- set default answer to 'no'
- -c <cfg>
- config filename
- -r <mode>
- set restart mode
- (l)ist only
- (i)nteractive restart
- (a)utomatically restart
- ATTENTION: If needrestart is configured to run in interactive mode but is run non-interactive (i.e. unattended-upgrades) it will fallback to list only mode.
- enable batch mode
- nagios plugin mode: makes output and exit codes nagios compatible
- -f <fe>
- overwrite debconf(7) frontend, sets the DEBIAN_FRONT environment variable to <fe>
- -u <ui>
- use preferred UI package (-u ? shows available packages)
By using one of the following options only the specified checks are performed:
The following environment variables can be used to override the config file options. Command line parameters do always supersede them.
- Change the configured restart mode (see also the -r parameter): (l)ist only, (i)nteractive or (a)utomatically
When used with apt-get(8) needrestart supports the following additional environment variables:
Thomas Liske <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2013 - 2018 (C) Thomas Liske [http://fiasko-nw.net/~thomas/]
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.