table of contents
- bullseye 14.6.20210224+dfsg-4+b1
- testing 19.0.20230216+dfsg-2
- unstable 19.0.20230216+dfsg-2+b1
- experimental 19.2.20230331+dfsg-1
|SORT-UNIQ-COUNT(1)||NCBI Entrez Direct User's Manual||SORT-UNIQ-COUNT(1)|
sort-uniq-count, sort-uniq-count-rank - print line frequencies
sort-uniq-count[-rank] [[-]b] [[-]f] [[-]i] [[-]n] [[-]r] [[-]s]
sort-uniq-count and sort-uniq-count-rank each read a text file on standard input, sort it according to any specified flags (-f by default), and report to standard output how often each input line occurs. Each output line consists of a count followed by a tab and an input line.
sort-uniq-count produces its output in the user's choice of sort order. sort-uniq-count-rank sorts its output primarily from highest to lowest count, with the user's sort order as a tiebreaker.
- Ignore leading blanks.
- Ignore capitalization.
- Consider only printable characters.
- Compare according to numerical value.
- Reverse the result of comparisons.
- Stabilize sort.