table of contents
- bullseye 14.6.20210224+dfsg-4+b1
- testing 19.0.20230216+dfsg-2+b1
- unstable 19.0.20230216+dfsg-2+b1
- experimental 19.2.20230331+dfsg-1
|EINFO(1)||NCBI Entrez Direct User's Manual||EINFO(1)|
einfo - look up general NCBI Entrez database information
einfo [-help] [-dbs] [-db name] [-fields] [-links]
einfo looks up general information about either an individual NCBI Entrez database with which other Entrez Direct commands can work or the set of available databases as a whole.
einfo is also the name of an tool for accessing contents of local EPUB files. To resolve this ambiguity, Debian systems with both EPUB utilities and Entrez Direct installed arrange for the EPUB-related executable to have the name einfo.epub(1) and for einfo to be a wrapper script that examines its usage and proceeds to run whichever of einfo.epub(1) or einfo.ncbi looks like a better fit.
- Print usage information, complete with samples of -fields and -links XML output.