table of contents
|ECITMATCH(1)||NCBI Entrez Direct User's Manual||ECITMATCH(1)|
ecitmatch - look up a citation's PubMed ID
ecitmatch (edirect -citmatch) [-help] [-journal title] [-year year] [-volume N] [-page N] [-author name]
ecitmatch prints (to standard output) the numeric PubMed identifier for a specified article. If there were multiple matches, it substitutes a parenthesized expression of the form (n citations). If there were no matches, it prints nothing at all.
- Print a summary of available options.
- -journal title
- Match only articles whose journal has the given title (which may be specified as a standard abbreviation).
- -year year
- Match only articles published in the given year.
- -volume N
- Match only articles with the given volume number.
- -page N
- Match only articles starting on the given page number.
- Match only articles with the given author name (may be partial; may not be repeated).