|DOWNLOAD-NCBI-DATA(1)||NCBI Entrez Direct User's Manual||DOWNLOAD-NCBI-DATA(1)|
download-ncbi-data - download specific data from NCBI's FTP site
download-ncbi-data bioconcepts|generif|meshtree|taxnames|serials|journals|nihocc|pmc-oa|pmc-bioc|oa-list|oa-book accession|carotene|globin|human|smear
download-ncbi-data downloads the requested data to the current directory.
- Download mappings from chemical, disease, and gene names to PubTatorCentral unless already present.
- Download GeneRif data, unless already present, and extract some summaries.
- Download a taxonomic database and produce a table summarizing correspondences between taxonomic IDs and scientific or common names.
- Download a database of serials indexed by NLM and extract some summaries.
- Download a database of journals indexed by PubMed and extract some summaries.
- Download MeSH data and extract some summaries.
- Download NIH Open Citation Collection data.
- Download PubMed Central open-access archives in traditional format, unless already present.
- Download PubMed Central open-access archives in BioConcepts format, unless already present.
- Download a list of open access books, unless already present, and extract a summary.
- oa-book accession
- Download the open access book with the specified accession. First produce a list and summary as above if necessary.
- Download and unzip sample PubmedArticleSet XML for carotene.
- Download and unzip sample INSDSet XML for globin.
- Download and unzip sample gene DocumentSummarySet XML for humans.
- Download and unzip sample Seq-submit ASN.1 for a fruit fly nucleotide-protein set with annotations from GeneMachine and BLAST.