NAME¶register_new_matrix_user - Used to register new users with a given home server when registration has been disabled
DESCRIPTION¶register_new_matrix_user registers new users with a given home server when registration has been disabled. For this to work, the home server must be configured with the ´registration_shared_secret´ option set.
This accepts the user credentials like the username, password, is user an admin or not and registers the user onto the homeserver database. Also, a YAML file containing the shared secret can be provided. If not, the shared secret can be provided via the command line.
By default it assumes the home server URL to be https://localhost:8448. This can be changed via the server_url command line option.
FILES¶A sample YAML file accepted by register_new_matrix_user is described below:
- -u, --user
- Local part of the new user. Will prompt if omitted.
- -p, --password
- New password for user. Will prompt if omitted. Supplying the password on the command line is not recommended. Use the STDIN instead.
- -a, --admin
- Register new user as an admin. Will prompt if omitted.
- -c, --config
- Path to server config file containing the shared secret.
- -k, --shared-secret
- Shared secret as defined in server config file. This is an optional parameter as it can be also supplied via the YAML file.
- URL of the home server. Defaults to ´https://localhost:8448´.
$ register_new_matrix_user -u user1 -p p@ssword -a -c config.yaml
COPYRIGHT¶This man page was written by Rahul De <firstname.lastname@example.org> for Debian GNU/Linux distribution.
SEE ALSO¶synctl(1), synapse_port_db(1), hash_password(1)