- experimental 1.10~rc1-1
|PMEM2_SOURCE_DEVICE_USC(3)||PMDK Programmer's Manual||PMEM2_SOURCE_DEVICE_USC(3)|
NAME¶pmem2_source_device_usc() - returns the unsafe shutdown counter value of a device
#include <libpmem2.h> struct pmem2_source; int pmem2_source_device_usc(const struct pmem2_source *source, uint64_t *usc);
DESCRIPTION¶The pmem2_source_device_usc() function retrieves the sum of the unsafe shutdown count(USC) values of all hardware devices backing the data source and stores it in *usc.
Please refer to libpmem2_unsafe_shutdown(7) for detailed description on how to properly consume this information.
RETURN VALUE¶The pmem2_source_device_usc() function returns 0 on success. If the function fails, the *usc variable content is left unmodified and a negative error code is returned.
ERRORS¶The pmem2_source_device_usc() can fail with the following errors:
On all systems:
- PMEM2_E_NOSUPP - the underlying platform does not expose unsafe shutdown count information.
- -errno equivalent of return code set by failing GetFinalPathNameByHandleW(), while trying to resolve volume path from the file handle.
- -errno set by failing malloc(3), while trying to allocate a buffer for storing volume path.
- -errno equivalent of return code set by failing CreateFileW(), while trying to obtain a handle to the volume.
- -errno equivalent of return code set by failing DeviceIoControl(), while trying to obtain volume USC value.
- -errno set by failing fstat(2), while trying to validate the file descriptor.
- -errno set by failing ndctl_new(), while trying to initiate a new NDCTL library context.
- -errno set by failing ndctl_dimm_get_dirty_shutdown(), while trying to obtain DIMM USC value.
SEE ALSO¶fstat(2), errno(3), malloc(3), libpmem2_unsafe_shutdown(7), and <http://pmem.io>
|2020-10-16||PMDK - pmem2 API version 1.0|