- experimental 0.6.1-1
MANAGES COLLECTION INVENTORIES¶
- Manual section
SYNOPSIS¶lesana [–help] <command>
DESCRIPTION¶lesana is a tool to organize collections of various kinds. It is designed to have a data storage / serialization format that is friendly to git and other VCSs, but decent performances.
To reach this aim it uses yaml as its serialization format, which is easy to store in a VCS, share between people and syncronize between different computers, but it also keeps an index of this data in a local xapian database in order to allow for fast searches.
lesana supports collections of any kind, as long as their entries can be described with a mostly flat dictionary of fields of the types described in the documentation file field_types.
Some example collection schemas are provided, but one big strenght of lesana is the ability to customize your collection with custom fields either by simply writing a personalized settings.yaml.
- -h, --help
- Prints an help message and exits.
- Creates a new entry.
- Edits an existing entry.
- Shows an existing entry.
- Index some entries in the xapian cache.
- Searches for entries in the xapian cache.
- Exports entries from one lesana collection to another
- Initialize a new lesana collection
- Removes an entry.
TEXT EDITOR¶Many lesana subcommands will try to open files in a text editor choosen as follows:
- first, the value of $EDITOR is tried
- then the command sensible-editor, as available under e.g. Debian and its derivatives
- lastly, it will try to fallback to vi, which should be available under any posix system.
COPYRIGHT¶2020, Elena Grandi
|October 9, 2020||0.6|