|GOATTRACKER(1)||General Commands Manual||GOATTRACKER(1)|
goattracker - C64 music editor
goattracker [songname] [options]
This manual page documents briefly the goattracker command.
goattracker is a C64 music tracker. It supports emulated output via the software reSID engine, the HardSID soundcard, or the Catweasel (MK3/MK4) controller card, and produces songs in its own format (*.SNG). The program can also export tunes in SID format, BIN format, or Commodore PRG format for inclusion on a floppy you can stick into a 1541/1571/1581 drive.
Like most tracker programs, the program is able to import instrument files, create and modify track patterns, set the order of playback of patterns and change details of the song such as the title and author. If you are familiar with tracker-like programs, then GoatTracker will feel like a simple version of those, though with differences attributable to the hardware. People new to composing in general should look up other information on composing on the C64.
- Set ADSR parameter for hardrestart in hex. DEFAULT=0F00
- Set sound buffer length in milliseconds DEFAULT=100
- Use Catweasel MK3 PCI SID (0 = off, 1 = on)
- Pattern row display (0 = decimal, 1 = hex, 2 = decimal w/dots, 3 = hex w/dots)
- Set emulated SID model (0 = 6581 1 = 8580) DEFAULT=6581
- Set custom SID clock cycles per second (0 = use PAL/NTSC default)
- Set pitch of A-4 in Hz (0 = use default frequencytable, close to 440Hz)
- Use HardSID (0 = off, 1 = HardSID ID0 2 = HardSID ID1 etc.)
- Set reSID interpolation (0 = off, 1 = on, 2 = distortion, 3 = distortion & on) DEFAULT=off
- Set special note names (2 chars for every note in an octave/cycle, e.g. C-DbD-EbE-F-GbG-AbA-BbB-)
- Note-entry mode (0 = Protracker, 1 = DMC, 2 = Janko) DEFAULT=Protracker
- SID memory location in hex. DEFAULT=D400
- Set sound mixing rate DEFAULT=44100
- Set pulseoptimization/skipping (0 = off, 1 = on) DEFAULT=on
- Set equal divisions per octave (12 = default, 8.2019143 = Bohlen-Pierce)
- Set realtime-effect optimization/skipping (0 = off, 1 = on) DEFAULT=on
- Set speed multiplier (0 for 25Hz, 1 for 1x, 2 for 2x etc.)
- Set HardSID interactive mode sound buffer length in milliseconds DEFAULT=20, max.buffering=0
- Set HardSID playback mode sound buffer length in milliseconds DEFAULT=400, max.buffering=0
- Set finevibrato conversion (0 = off, 1 = on) DEFAULT=on
- Set window type (0 = window, 1 = fullscreen) DEFAULT=window
- Path to a Scala tuning file .scl
- Set random reSID write delay in cycles (0 = off) DEFAULT=off
- Set window scale factor (1 = no scaling, 2 to 4 = 2 to 4 times bigger window) DEFAULT=1
- Use NTSC timing
- Use PAL timing (DEFAULT)
- Write sound output to a file SIDAUDIO.RAW
- Show this info again
- Standalone online help window
ocp(1), protracker(1), milkytracker(1), schism(1)
goattracker was written by Lasse Öörni.
This manual page was written by Gürkan Sengün <email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).
|May 15, 2019|