NAME¶gnome-screenshot - capture the screen, a window, or an user-defined area and save the snapshot image to a file.
SYNOPSIS¶gnome-screenshot [ -c ] [ -w ] [ -a ] [ -b ] [ -B ] [ -p ] [ -d SECONDS ] [ -e EFFECT ] [ -i ] [ -f FILENAME ] [ --display DISPLAY ]
DESCRIPTION¶gnome-screenshot is a GNOME utility for taking screenshots of the entire screen, a window or a user-defined area of the screen.
- -c, --clipboard
- Send the grab directly to the clipboard.
- -w, --window
- Grab the current active window instead of the entire screen.
- -a, --area
- Grab an area of the screen instead of the entire screen.
- -b, --include-border
- Include the window border within the screenshot. Note: This option is deprecated and window border is always included.
- -B, --remove-border
- Remove the window border from the screenshot. Note: This option is deprecated and window border is always included.
- -p, --include-pointer
- Include the pointer with the screenshot.
- -d, --delay=SECONDS,
- Take the screenshot after the specified delay [in seconds].
- -e, --border-effect=EFFECT,
- Add an effect to the outside of the screenshot border. EFFECT can be ``shadow'' (adding drop shadow), ``border'' (adding rectangular space around the screenshot), ``vintage'' (desaturating the screenshot slightly, tinting it and adding rectangular space around it) or ``none'' (no effect). Default is ``none''. Note: This option is deprecated and is assumed to be ``none''.
- -i, --interactive
- Interactively set options in a dialog.
- -f, --file=FILENAME
- Save screenshot directly to this file.
- X display to use.
- -?, -h, --help
- Show a summary of the available options.
In addition, the usual GTK+ command line options apply. See the output of --help for details.
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Christian Marillat <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).
Updated by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <email@example.com>, Tom Feiner <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Cosimo Cecchi <email@example.com> and others.
|August 10, 2013|