- unstable 4.8.6-1
|ipa-csreplica-manage(1)||FreeIPA Manual Pages||ipa-csreplica-manage(1)|
NAME¶ipa-csreplica-manage - Manage an IPA CS replica
SYNOPSIS¶ipa-csreplica-manage [OPTION]... [connect|disconnect|del|list|re-initialize|force-sync]
DESCRIPTION¶Manages the CA replication agreements of an IPA server for domain at domain level 0.
To manage CA replication agreements in a domain at domain level 1, use IPA CLI or Web UI, see `ipa help topology` for additional information.
- connect [SERVER_A] <SERVER_B>
- - Adds a new replication agreement between SERVER_A/localhost and SERVER_B. Applicable only at domain level 0.
- disconnect [SERVER_A] <SERVER_B>
- - Removes a replication agreement between SERVER_A/localhost and SERVER_B. Applicable only at domain level 0.
- del <SERVER>
- - Removes all replication agreements and data about SERVER. Applicable only at domain level 0.
- list [SERVER]
- - Lists all the servers or the list of agreements of SERVER
- - Forces a full re-initialization of the IPA CA server retrieving data from the server specified with the --from option
- - Immediately flush any data to be replicated from a server specified with the --from option
- set-renewal-master [SERVER]
- - Set CA server which handles renewal of CA subsystem certificates to SERVER
- The connect and disconnect options are used to manage the replication topology. When a replica is created it is only connected with the master that created it. The connect option may be used to connect it to other existing replicas.
- The disconnect option cannot be used to remove the last link of a replica. To remove a replica from the topology use the del option.
- If a replica is deleted and then re-added within a short time-frame then the 389-ds instance on the master that created it should be restarted before re-installing the replica. The master will have the old service principals cached which will cause replication to fail.
- -H HOST, --host=HOST
- The IPA server to manage. The default is the machine on which the command is run Not honoured by the re-initialize command.
- -p DM_PASSWORD, --password=DM_PASSWORD
- The Directory Manager password to use for authentication
- -v, --verbose
- Provide additional information
- -f, --force
- Ignore some types of errors
- The server to pull the data from, used by the re-initialize and force-sync commands.
- List a server's replication agreements.
- # ipa-csreplica-manage list srv1.example.com srv2.example.com srv3.example.com
- Re-initialize a replica:
# ipa-csreplica-manage re-initialize --from srv2.example.com
This will re-initialize the data on the server where you execute the command, retrieving the data from the srv2.example.com replica
- Add a new replication agreement:
- # ipa-csreplica-manage connect srv2.example.com srv4.example.com
- Remove an existing replication agreement:
- # ipa-csreplica-manage disconnect srv1.example.com srv3.example.com
- Completely remove a replica at domain level 0:
- # ipa-csreplica-manage del srv4.example.com
- Completely remove a replica at domain level 1:
- # ipa-replica-manage del srv4.example.com
- Using connect/disconnect you can manage the replication topology.
EXIT STATUS¶0 if the command was successful
- 1 if an error occurred
|Jul 14 2011||FreeIPA|