- unstable 4.8.6-1
|ipa-ca-install(1)||FreeIPA Manual Pages||ipa-ca-install(1)|
NAME¶ipa-ca-install - Install a CA on a server
- ipa-ca-install [OPTION]...
DESCRIPTION¶Adds a CA as an IPA-managed service. This requires that the IPA server is already installed and configured.
ipa-ca-install can be used to upgrade from CA-less to CA-full or to install the CA service on a replica.
Domain level 0 is not supported anymore.
OPTIONS¶-d, --debug Enable debug logging when more verbose output is needed
- -p DM_PASSWORD, --password=DM_PASSWORD
- Directory Manager (existing master) password
- -w ADMIN_PASSWORD, --admin-password=ADMIN_PASSWORD
- Admin user Kerberos password used for connection check
- Generate a CSR for the IPA CA certificate to be signed by an external CA.
- Type of the external CA. Possible values are "generic", "ms-cs". Default value is "generic". Use "ms-cs" to include the template name required by Microsoft Certificate Services (MS CS) in the generated CSR (see --external-ca-profile for full details).
- Specify the certificate profile or template to use at the external CA.
When --external-ca-type is "ms-cs" the following specifiers may be used:
- Specify a certificate template by OID and major version, optionally also specifying minor version.
- Specify a certificate template by name. The name cannot contain any : characters and cannot be an OID (otherwise the OID-based template specifier syntax takes precedence).
- If no template is specified, the template name "SubCA" is used.
- File containing the IPA CA certificate and the external CA certificate chain. The file is accepted in PEM and DER certificate and PKCS#7 certificate chain formats. This option may be used multiple times.
- The CA certificate subject DN (default CN=Certificate Authority,O=REALM.NAME). RDNs are in LDAP order (most specific RDN first).
- The subject base for certificates issued by IPA (default O=REALM.NAME). RDNs are in LDAP order (most specific RDN first).
- File containing overrides for CA installation.
- Signing algorithm of the IPA CA certificate. Possible values are SHA1withRSA, SHA256withRSA, SHA512withRSA. Default value is SHA256withRSA. Use this option with --external-ca if the external CA does not support the default signing algorithm.
- Do not use DNS for hostname lookup during installation
- Skip connection check to remote master
- Skip check for updated CA DS schema on the remote master
- -U, --unattended
- An unattended installation that will never prompt for user input
EXIT STATUS¶0 if the command was successful
1 if an error occurred
|Mar 30 2017||FreeIPA|