|FLAMESHOT(1)||General Commands Manual||FLAMESHOT(1)|
flameshot - Powerful yet simple-to-use screenshot software
flameshot [arguments] [flameshot-options]
flameshot gui [gui options]
flameshot full [fullscreen capture options]
flameshot screen [screen-options]
flameshot config [config options]
This manual page documents briefly the flameshot command as provided by flameshot package.
flameshot is a screenshot tool that aims to be powerful yet simple-to-use. Its notable features include customizable appearance, in-app screenshot editing, D-Bus interface, tray icon support, experimental GNOME/KDE Wayland support, integration with Imgur and support for both GUI and CLI interface.
Besides the brief information about flameshot here, The detailed usage of flameshot is documented in the README.md file distributed alongside this software. Typically you may find this file under /usr/share/doc/flameshot/ directory.
This section lists some of the most common usage of flameshot via command line.
- Start flameshot and have it running in background. If enabled, an icon will appear in the tray area of current desktop environment.
- flameshot gui
- Capture with GUI.
- flameshot gui -p /path/to/captures
- Capture with GUI and custom save path.
- flameshot gui -d 2000
- Open GUI with a delay of 2 seconds.
- flameshot launcher
- Open a launcher dialog for advanced screenshot, such as custom time delay, etc.
- flameshot full --help
- Shows help for flameshot full subcommand.
- flameshot full -p /path/to/captures -d 5000
- Fullscreen capture with custom save path (no GUI) and time delay.
- flameshot full -c -p /path/to/captures
- Fullscreen capture with custom savepath copying to clipboard.
- flameshot screen --number <screen number>
- Define the screen to capture. Will capture the screen containing the cursor by default.
- flameshot screen --help
- Shows help for flameshot screen subcommand.
You may use the graphical menu to configure flameshot. Alternatively, you can also use terminal or scripts to do so.
- flameshot config
- Open the configuration menu (GUI).
- flameshot config -h
- Use the help flag to show more information about the available options.
The program is further documented in the README.md as typically provided under /usr/share/doc/flameshot/ directory.
Upstream project homepage: <https://github.com/flameshot-org/flameshot>.
flameshot was mainly written by lupoDharkael.
This manual page is written by Boyuan Yang for the Debian Project (but may be used by others).