ewfverifyis a utility to verify media data stored in EWF files.
ewfverify is part of the
libewf is a
library to access the Expert Witness Compression Format (EWF).
ewf_files the first or the entire set of EWF segment files
The options are as follows:
- the codepage of header section, options: ascii (default), windows-874, windows-932, windows-936, windows-949, windows-950, windows-1250, windows-1251, windows-1252, windows-1253, windows-1254, windows-1255, windows-1256, windows-1257 or windows-1258
- calculate additional digest (hash) types besides md5, options: sha1, sha256
- specify the input format, options: raw (default), files (restricted to logical volume files)
- shows this help
- the number of concurrent processing jobs (threads), where a number of 0 represents single-threaded mode (default is 4 if multi-threaded mode is supported).
- logs verification errors and the digest (hash) to the log filename
- the process buffer size (default is the chunk size)
- quiet shows minimal status information
- verbose output to stderr
- print version
- zero sectors on checksum error (mimic EnCase like behavior)
- use the chunk data instead of the buffered read and write functions.
ewfverifycan either verify the raw storage media data or logical file data stored in EWF file(s).
To verify the raw storage media data:¶
# ewfverify floppy.E01 ewfverify 20110801 Verify started at: Tue Jan 11 19:21:51 2011 This could take a while. Status: at 2%. verified 32 kB (32768 bytes) of total 1.4 MiB (1474560 bytes).
To verify logical file data:¶
# ewfverify -f files logical.E01 ewfverify 20110111 Verify started at: Tue Jan 11 19:21:51 2011 Single file: file1.txt MD5 hash stored in file: 6fef2a64afbf070a264366183698bb5e MD5 hash calculated over data: 6fef2a64afbf070a264366183698bb5e
DIAGNOSTICS¶Errors, verbose and debug output are printed to stderr when verbose output -v is enabled. Verbose and debug output are only printed when enabled at compilation.
BUGS¶Please report bugs of any kind to <email@example.com> or on the project website: https://github.com/libyal/libewf/
AUTHOR¶These man pages were written by Kees Mastwijk.
Alterations for distribution have been made by Joachim Metz.
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright (C) 2006-2017, Joachim Metz <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SEE ALSO¶ewfacquire(1), ewfacquirestream(1), ewfexport(1), ewfinfo(1), ewfmount(1), ewfrecover(1)
|April 1, 2016||libewf|